Apr 14, 2008

!@#$%

I continue to work on the monoprint technique. There are so many variables involved. I think that one of the reasons that I like it is because of it being a tactile method of creating images. The physical act of tearing the paper to create the masks is much more "touchy-feelie" than watercolour. Watercolour has no tactile feature. I also like to maneuver the ink with my fingers of other tools. The paper, as in watercolour is, has a major effect of the image creation process. In the above image the ink was printed on a very non-porous surface and consequently would not dry quickly. This inability to dry quickly gave me the opportunity to manipulate the ink to create soft edges and other textures. I think that I'm just on the tip of the iceberg now. More to comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?