Dec 26, 2010

Transitions FX

I've been working with various video editing programs lately. In some cases I've used a number of different programs in a single project.
It seems that every editing program you find has a number of special effects to be used. There is always the temptation to used a lot of them. It is also the best way to destroy potentially good video. I tend to use very few FX. I usually use a cross-fade between scenes and a very slow zoom on every still shot.
However, it is great fun to used the transitions effects and video effects as a means unto themselves. That is to say using the effects to create animation.
In the sequence at the left I used Ulead Video Studio 9, Photoshop 7, Epson NX400 scanner as well as video, and sound clips from the Internet and the obvious photograph of me.
This will make for a neat transition between longer videos on my DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?