Jan 4, 2009

Tractors

I like tractors and I don't know why. Could it be the memories of my days as boy on the farm. I was kind of a thrill when I was first allowed to plow with the Farmall Super A alone. I'm sure that it ws before I had license to drive automobiles. What I remember about it most was that it had no suspension system. It was a rough ride. Another thing that was interesting was that you could start off in top gear unlike an automobile. There were times when you would need to start it my hand. You inserted a hand crank into the front of the engine and turned the handle until the engine started.

The video show some of the tractors I have seen during our travels. Before these machines there were steam traction engines and then some one replace steam with the internal combustion engine. The first tractors were quite simple. The former could perform all the maintenance needed to keep the farm tractor operating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?