Apr 11, 2007

Thursday


There is something about a blank page that I can't resist. It simply screams,"Paint on me! Draw on me! Mutilate me!". Maybe not so much to mutilate. But then there is origami. This colective pape is the skwetchbook. Or as I refer to as a primarilay labor intensive data collection device. Predominently visual data, that is.
Whatever I do to it changes it. Is a dot creative? Perhaps, but not in the center. The greatness of the art is determined by the location and, of course, intensity. But, what of the philosophical implications? the vastness of space, the black versus white? (i. e. light versus darkness)
Actually it is just a page form my sketchbook depicting a recent trip to New York City. Times square was a cacophony of sound and color. Nothing static except maybe the buildings illuminated by flashes of neon and light illuminating diodes. The constant moving yellow of the taxis.
We enjoyed our first visit to Gotham though brief. Broadway is no doubt the tops in theatrical production. However, some of my epicurean delights left something to be desired. There was a shell in my lobster bisque. But the view form the 45Th floor rotating restaurant was fabulous. i know we will return in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?