Dec 5, 2006

...more of the same...



I continue to work on prints. There is a tactile element to the creation here that is missing in watercolors painting. The brilliance and gradation of the colors is awesome. I don't have the skill to do this with paint but can do it with ink. Although the prints are singular, I can record the colors numerically and can reproduce them in RGB. However, the stencils are another matter. The cut stencils could probably be saved but the torn paper stencils could not be salvaged printer merely prints a field of color with no other input from the computer. I am struck by the binary nature of the process. 1's and 0's, off and on. The electrical state of a switch. Hence, the paper receives (on) ink or not (off). ...and the thighbone's connected to the hipbone... Say no more. Currently There are many other things I would like to try with this process. Also,I am considering increasing my web presence with the posing of some of my better photographs.

But, alas, 'tis the time for Christmas shopping.

Studio Listening Matter

  • Mason Williams
  • Ibrahim Ferrer
  • Josh Groban
  • Dion

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?