Dec 4, 2006

just another post



I've been tinkering with images again. I have been primarily a realistic or representational painter. That is what sells. If you are not following your muse then painting is a waste of time. Sure, you make images that people like and buy. But most of the time you are just painting what everyone else does. You may have a style that no one else has and that's great but I want to get completely out of the box. I want to create images unique and I want to do them fast. That eliminates oil painting. I am not interested in the medium but the image itself. The method of creation is secondary to the image itself.

The image above is a combination of accident and technique. It was created on a inkjet printer. The letters printed when I wasn't expecting it. The printer gremlins did it. I incorporated the print into the design. (I'm real cheap and did not want to was te a piece of watercolors paper.) I completed the work by printing colors over cut and torn newspaper masks.

Listening Matter

  • Hank Williams
  • Frankie Laine
  • Patsey Cline
  • Doc Watson
  • Ya Ya Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?