May 16, 2006

if you gonna play in Texas, you gatta have a fiddle in the band.



I must draw. I believe that it is apart of me. And there is seldom a day that i don't draw. sometimes it is of specific things. I may be using it to design a painting. in the sketch I work out the desing and composition and color before attack ang the paper or canvas. Maybe I will dedicate a page to how many textures I can create with a line. It's all about marks on paper. Sometimes I use it to design my web pages and sometimes to record a recipe. But mostly it is a repository of visual knowledge. All my ideas that reach fruition begin in my sketchbook..

I haven't been doning much painting but I've been following my mantra. I draw every day as my sketchbook attests to it. I decided that Texas is not a Southern state. STANDARD ICED TEA IS NOT SWEET AND BOILED PEANUTS ARE UNKNOWN.

Studio Listening Matter
  • Willie Nelson
  • Diana Krall
  • Howie Day
  • Bare Naked Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?