Feb 15, 2018

Continuation On A Theme

This title may be a bit trite but I think it sort of fits this blog post.  In my  last post I wrote about seeing William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet at the Mesa Performing Arts Center performed by the Southwest Shakespeare Company. We enjoyed the show tremendously.

Thursday night, February 8, we saw The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged presented by the Flowertown Players in Summervile, SC.  It was a treat equal to any chocolate nut sundae.  Like the previous mentioned work of the Elizabethan playwright, we had seen this play before. But there are those things in life worth repeating. This play was presented in the theater annex, or at least I think that is what it is called.  We had forgotten about this location. So after arriving at the box office we were directed to go to the corner, around the gas station, and down the alley. After feeling our way through the dark alley we found the small theater behind the theater.  There were few people there on opening night. I'm some times leery of opening nights.  Maybe the director hasn't gotten all the bugs out of the performance. In this case there were no bugs or they weren't obvious in this fast paced show.

There were only three actors: two women and a man.  As you might imagine there were many costume changes for the many characters played.  And, of course, costumes were minimal.  You must enjoy laughter at this show singularly and corporately. There is great audience participation too. There was one intermission in the show and it takes you by surprise.  Two of the actors simply leave the stage, run out of the theater and disappear into the night while the other is left on stage to explain their actions.  

We really enjoyed this play.  If you enjoy Shakespeare and laughter be sure to see The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged.   The play runs through February 17.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:05 PM

    Very nice style and design and wonderful written content, hardly anything else we require :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:18 AM

    Some really nice and utilitarian info on this internet site,
    also I believe the design holds wonderful features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that
    "perfect balance" between usability and appearance.
    I must say you've done a great job with this. Additionally, the blog loads super quick for me on Chrome.
    Excellent Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:11 AM

    Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this
    piece of writing i thought i could also create comment due to this good piece
    of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:02 PM

    My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right.
    This post actually made my day. You cann't imagine just how
    much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:11 PM

    I like this web blog very much so much good information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Your method of explaining the whole thing in this piece of writing is in fact fastidious, all be
    able to effortlessly be aware of it, Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:50 AM

    I think this is one of the most important info
    for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But
    should remark on some general things, The website style is ideal, the articles
    is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:47 PM

    Hi there, just was alert to your weblog through Google,
    and located that it is really informative. I'm gonna be careful for brussels.
    I will be grateful should you continue this in future.
    Numerous folks will likely be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:53 PM

    Yes! Finally someone writes about acne and dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:09 AM

    Have you ever considered creating an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based upon on the same ideas you discuss
    and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would appreciate your work.
    If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:32 AM

    Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came to ?return the favor?.I am attempting to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to
    use some of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:20 AM

    Hello, I think your site might be having web browser
    compatibility issues. Whenever I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in I.E., it's got some overlapping issues.
    I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
    Aside from that, great website!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:53 AM

    Just to follow up on the update of this theme on your web site and would really
    want to let you know how much I treasured the time you took
    to generate this useful post. In the post, you spoke on how to really handle
    this thing with all convenience. It would be my own pleasure to build up some more ideas from your website and come as much as
    offer other folks what I have learned from you.
    Thanks for your usual terrific effort.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:42 AM

    Yay google is my king aided me to find this outstanding site!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous8:09 AM

    What's up, just wanted to mention, I loved this post.
    It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:48 PM

    hello!,I really like your writing so much! share we be in contact
    more about your article on AOL? I need an expert in this area to solve my problem.
    Maybe that's you! Looking ahead to see you.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post?