Feb 7, 2011

Chili Monday

On days like this with the rain a comin' down it's a good thang to have a good ole pot of chili cookin'.  I'm not much on scratch makin' chili, I just brown up the meat, add beans, tomato sauce and some seasonin'.  I used to try to season the chili myself but the I got this race car drivers seasonin's.


There was a coupla fellas down in Texas that had some land they wanted to get rid and so they came up with a chili cookin' contest to promote the land sale. One of those fellas used his own recipe for his chili and his name was Carroll Shelby.  Yep, the same fella that was a sports car race drive until he decided to stuff a Ford V-8 into a little  bitty Brithsh A-C Bristol sports car.  Well the rest his history the car won a lot of races and were eventually known as the Ford Cobra. Shelby went on to design many other fast cars but his recipe for chili seasoning is still on the market and I use it every time I make chili. 

One little hint:  When you brown your ground meat add some water to it.  It makes it separate better and you don't have big chunks of browned ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?