May 24, 2010

Robin Hood

Back when I chased my sister with a bow and arrow I was a fan of Robin Hood. And I still am! The latest cinema rendering of the tale of Sherwood Forest's most famous resident is one of the best. It can't be compared with Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, the Kevin Costner film or any of the others. Although I'm a fan of Ridley Scott's work and Rusell Crowe's as well, the story line in this film is completely different. It's the story of Robin before he was Robin. He is Robert in this story and does not become Robin Hood until he's declared an outlaw by King John. Yes, this is the same King John that signed the Magna Carta and reneged on it. I liked the movie. It has lots of action and Scott's skill at rendering a strikingly visual film. And then there's Cate Blanchett. She's not very pretty, has the figure of a school girl (a primary school girl at that), and the sex appeal of a wet mop. But I think she's great! A good movie and very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?