Sep 3, 2009

What am I today?


Recently in the media the current administration has been calling me names. I remember when I was a kid sometimes other kids would make fun of me. I wore glasses and they called me "four eyes". I could usually answer all the teacher's questions , she called on me a lot and I got the name "teachers pet". Like many Americans I have taken a great interest in how my country is being run. I try to let my feelings be known by writing my elected officials and attending "Tea Parties" and other patriotic meetings. My political beliefs are conservative because I believe that is what the Constitution is all about. It, the federal government, should be "for the people, by the people". However, when I support these ideals, I'm called a "a right wing extremist" and more recently a "right wing terrorist". It could be said that there is nothing wrong with extremism in defense of liberty. But, a terrorists! Terrorists blow up buildings and fly airplanes into skyscrapers. I don't do that! And now, since I am a member of the Republican Party, a high level government official calls me an A****le. By the way, my tax dollars help pay the salaries of the folks doing the name calling. Your taxes too. Could we stop payment? Is our current administration so desperate that it resorts to name-calling? I think so. When the government forgets whom it serves there will be resistance by the unserved. And may it grow to facilitate change to a government "for the people, by the people".


The names I am called may change but what I believe will never change. What I believe begins with: "We the people...".

1 comment:

  1. I stand behind this all the way. I recently heard of a t-shirt screen printed "RIP – U.S. Constitution." How sad it is to think that some politicians feel the documents of the past are irrelevant today; what a folly it is to ignore history!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post?