Sep 15, 2009

So...What about it?

I often hear people complain about our government. Along with their complaining I frequently hear them say they can't do anything about it. And that is not true. Every one who is qualified can vote. But then they complain that it won't make any difference. Every vote counts! I am not defending the government, heaven knows it does many things of which I do not agree with. As an American citizen I have the right to institute change. How do I do this? I must work and vote for the candidates that best represent what I believe the government should be and do. We cannot sit back and let some other citizens elect whom they wish and then complain if we did not attempt to elect candidates that be represented our opinions and views. There is another alternative. Compete for public office your self. That's what I am going to do. I'm announcing my candidacy for Berkeley County Council representing District 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?