Jun 23, 2009

Look Ma, no camera!

Sometimes I just can't help myself. I burn a lot of DVDs just as experiments. You don't know exactly how something is going to look on the big screen TV until you play the DVD. Anyway, I don't like to trash anything, I mean, we make collages from scraps of paper. Right? So, what do you do with discarded DVDs? I've painted on some of them. Painted on them. Cut them up and reassembled them. Tried to thermoform them. And nuked them.

This photo comes form the last. I placed the DVD in the microwave oven and hit the start button. There was a flash of light and some smoke was generated as well as sparks like miniature lightning bolts. All of this happened in the length of tome it takes to move your finger from the start button to the stop button.

I scanned the DVD into Photoshop and then, with a minor stroke of genius, I scanned my hand.
Then I combined the images,clicked auto adjustments to the image, cropped and fine!

Scanning my hand introduced me to a whole new method of image creation!

AND no camera was used!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?