Mar 23, 2009

Car Show


It's been along time since I've seen a exhibit of drag racing cars. Most of the cars at this show at the local K-Mart parking lot were drag racing cars. The sanctioning body was the Southern Drag Racing Association. The SDRA set the rules for competing as well specifications for the cars. I was surprised to find that none of the cars were fuel injected, four barrel carburetors were common. NOX was used on almost everything. I talked with a guy that raced a Baretta. It had a small block Chevy engine and turned 148 mph in the eighth mile. That's haulin' and on the bottle. There were other cars such as a bathtub Porshe kit car. It was immaculate powered by a flat four with dual down-draft Webers. The most interesting thing I saw were the junior dragsters. Designed for youngsters, they have one cylinder engines. It was a lot of fun and I would like to smell the rubber burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?