Jan 1, 2008

From Sea to Shining Sea


Our vacation this year was over 10,000 miles by automobile. It was also a testament for our compatibility as a couple. Contrary to what the pictures show, I did almost all of the cooking. Late in the day we could check into a campsite, set up camp, i.e. tent and all, and have dinner ready within 30 minutes. The navigation system in the Acura was a great. Last year we got lost on the Colorado River near Moab, Utah following Yahoo Maps. I actually took over 800 photographs on the trip and probably did about 100 sketches and finished 12 plein air paintings. This will be our last coast to coast trip for a few years.



Who would believe that once again our highway would be filled with cattle driven by cowboys. Last year I think that it happened to us in Utah and there were only a few cows. But this year there were probably about 100 in the coming toward us in a highway in Wyoming.

As usual I carried my sketchbook with me on the trip. It includes drawings, rubbings, stickers and stamps collected along the trip. Many of the drawings will be used as reference for future paintings. I'm not really sure what a used cable car ticket can be used for.

2 comments:

  1. Cool. Come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're also planning a Western trip, but we'll be in a CAMPER...

    ...heeeee.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post?