Aug 31, 2007

pix&...






Sometimes I don't know what to put on this blog. Sometimes I feel like crap and sometimes I don't! Sometimes i feel like everything i create is a failure and sometimes I feel as though I have a spark of genius. The chaos above is where most of it comes from. Or does it. I'm not sure. I'm not sure if the inkjet monoprints are a viable medium or not. i have won small prizes with them, but i don't know if it is worth pursuing. The for mat is so small. And things don't always work out. The has about a 50% success rate or half of the attempts are failures. Recently I saw an advertisement in print that looked like this technique although I believe that it was a computer generated image.







I think I will ride this horse for awhile and do my next painting for a show in this medium. I can't seem to get the brilliant colors I like except this way. I need to find out how to use various resists in this technique to make it more versatile.


I continue to enjoy working with my photographs and videos. I will be converting some vhs tapes to dvd in the near future.
Attendum: I added the the combination of graphite drawing and computer generated image to depict the southwest folk life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?