Aug 28, 2007

flashbacks

There is a rare beauty that wildflowers have. We were fortunate in our travels to see such a proliferation of wild flowers blooming. From the shores of Lake Superior to the shores of the Pacific ocean they bloomed. It amazes me the way that in the most hostile areas if there is a small amount of soil the beautiful fragile flower blooms forth. As a painter I attempt to capture but in vain the beauty of natures most delicate visions. The painting on the left was done neat International Falls Minnesota. I'm not a great plein aire painter but I gave it my best shot. I don't remember exactly where the photo was taken.

I think some classes in outdoor painting are in order. I have been seriously looking at creation of art lately. I get the biggest kick out of sketching and recently I have begun to design my sketchbook pages. Perhaps that's because I have always loved books. Pages of word and images can take you away. Sometimes into your own world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?