May 1, 2007

juat another day in paradise...

Back to the sketch book again. It seems that my greatist joy in creating art is between the covers of these books. It is here that the ideas come to me, it is here that the color scheme becomes reality. It is here the a picture can be mace in a few minutes. A complete work can be created in a few minutes. Oh, but it's not a detailed creation or rendering. But it does have the essence of the idea....
I've been working with different mediums in the books also. Such things as grease pencils and oil pastels with watercolor and pastels and colored pencils with my old standby--the ballpoint pen. For some reason, after I have done my sketch I no longer have the desire to create a large piece based on the small sketch. I have been trying to become more non-representational as well. Boy do I love reality or at unreality with recognizable images.

It has been an interesting week though other than painting. Our nephew was with us from the Midwest. He is an organist with an affinity for pipe organs. While here he was able to play several of the city's oldest. One of the had parts from the mid eighteenth century. A good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?