Mar 4, 2007

other stuff




As I continue to experiment with printing the substrate is my main variable. Different papers absorb ink differently. Some absorb readily while others don't absorb at all. the print at the left Metal head is an example of a substrate that does not absorb at all. The image is printed on metal foil. It takes a long time for it to dry. Another variable is the ink. All printer manufacturers formulate their ink differently. In fact they formulate their ink for the papers they supply. using Epson paper in an HP printer can provide a different result that printing on Epson printer to print on Epson paper. I normally mix up the materials I print on according to the effect I want to create.
I am most successful with the inkjet monoprint technique. I use watercolor paper most of the time.
Studio music today The Art of Segovia


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?